Why do I need a next generation firewall if my data is securely stored in the cloud?
Many businesses get a false sense of security by thinking that using cloud-based applications and data storage is all the protection they need from cyber-attacks. Keep in mind, however, that when you use “the cloud” you are simply using someone else’s network for your applications and to store your data. Any protections your cloud-based provider supplies are for what you have and use on their network. They are not protecting your office or your network – your computers, printers, devices – and your connection to the internet and to their or anyone else’s network.
As your company relies on more cloud-based applications like Office 365, Salesforce, and Dropbox, internet connectivity becomes even more important. A next generation firewall combines powerful protection for your network and provides the highest levels of internet availability for users and your applications.
The Axiom Sentry is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses looking for a robust next-generation firewall that:
- Detects and prevents intruders access to your company network
- Protects your users from going to undesirable or dangerous websites
- Prevents malicious software (malware) being embedded in your network
- Blocks attacks on your network that would keep you from accessing the internet (including accessing your cloud-based applications)
- “Hides” your network from being scanned by attackers looking for weaknesses
- Stops attackers from locking down your computers and demanding payment to release them (ransomware)
In addition to the advanced protection that the Axiom Sentry provides, it is also designed for:
- Small businesses with no trained cyber-security staff. You’re not in the business of cyber-security. However, we are. So we manage and monitor the Axiom Sentry and quickly notify you of events that you need to be aware of. We also provide you an easily readable monthly analysis of the attempts made to compromise your network and how you have been protected.
- Easy installation. You don’t have to be a “tech person” to connect it. If you can plug in a telephone, you can install the Axiom Sentry. Once it is connected and powered on it will do the rest.
- Affordability. There is no equipment to buy and no long-term commitment. For as low as $199/month, it will cost you less in a year for enterprise-level protection than many businesses pay in a week to protect their networks.
- Peace of mind. In today’s internet connected world, what you don’t know will hurt you. We’ve got your back with Axiom Sentry, protecting you from today’s threats as well as tomorrow’s.
Don’t be lulled into the false sense of security you might get from having your data and applications in the cloud. That kind of protection may be good. But the Axiom Sentry next-generation firewall is your first-line of defense – the one that begins in your office where all of your data originates.
At Axiom, we are passionate about protecting small businesses from the cyber threats that are out there. If you’d like more information or have any questions, please contact me at 800-519-5070, or you can email us at email@example.com.